The ISBT Academy facilitates the educational activities of the Society. The Academy is supported financially by the Foundation of the International Society of Blood Transfusion.
- To support educational activities relating to the practice of transfusion medicine and allied fields globally, with a special focus on areas of low and medium human development.
- To manage and administer the funds granted to it annually by the ISBT, in support of the Foundation’s primary objectives.
- To ensure that the funds are responsibly used for education to sustain and improve the safety and health of blood donors and transfused patients.
- To ensure that, in collaboration with ISBT, funded programs meet or exceed accepted standards and are compatible with the maintenance or improvement of acceptable practice in the field.
- To monitor the effectiveness of the utilisation of funds, with particular reference to the completion of educational programs in a timely manner, and the satisfaction levels of program attendees.
The Foundation is advised by an Advisory committee who review applications for financial support. Applications in excess of €10,000 are signed off by the Foundation following advice from the Advisory committee.
The Foundation operates on a not for profit basis.
Stichting van The International Society of Blood Transfusion Marnixstraat 317 1016 TB Amsterdam RSIN/ANBI 815743531
The Foundation is managed by a Board consisting of a minimum of five and a maximum of seven persons. There are two classes of Board member: ex officio and general. The ex officio members are the Secretary General of ISBT, the Treasure of ISBT and the Chairperson of the Standing Committee of the ISBT Academy. General Board members are elected by the Board of ISBT and serve a three year term. They may be re-elected for one further term.
Geoff Daniels, UK, Chairperson (ex officio)
Steve Morgan, UK, Treasurer (ex officio)
Roger Dodd, USA, Secretary (general)
Diana Teo, Singapore (ex offico)
Martin Gorham, UK (general)
None of the Foundation officers will receive any remuneration as all are volunteers interested in the provision of a safe blood supply for patients who may require a blood or blood component transfusion.